If you are like most people you don’t think about the parts of a refrigerator before it stops running, or before it is time to replace it. To guarantee you get the most use possible from this important appliance it can be very good to understand how it keeps your food and drinks cold—and Accurate Gilbert Appliance Repair is here to help.
Continue reading to learn all you will want to understand concerning how a refrigerator works, how it cools your food and if it’s time to reach out refrigerator repair Gilbert.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There aren’t many houses that don’t feature a refrigerator in the kitchen. It has been a standard household appliance for several years. A household refrigerator stores your food and drinks at the best temperature, in order to stop rotting and limit bacteria. The cycle of refrigeration works by moving the warmth from inside of the appliance to the outside, by using principles of condensation and evaporation.
The primary parts of a refrigerator are below. For questions or service call Accurate Gilbert Appliance Repair:
The refrigerator compressor is both a motor and pump, and it’s responsible for circulation of refrigerant throughout the cooling system.
A compressor is a very important piece of a refrigerator. Homeowners should enlist a professional service if the compressor stops working.
The condenser is attached on the rear exterior panel of the appliance and will help to release the heat absorbed from inside the refrigerator then out in the air.
A evaporator is attached on the interior of a refrigerator where it absorbs the heat held inside of it, effectively reducing the temperature inside the unit.
Once an evaporator stops working, it is time to enlist a professional. Do not wait until it is too late.
Liquid coolant is transferred through a capillary tube that acts as an expansion device to cool the gas, thereby turning the gas into liquid.
The refrigerator thermostat exists to regulate the current temperature throughout a refrigerator, engaging the cooling period when it is required.
The thermostat in a refrigerator is prone to problems. Troubleshoot and hire a repairman in Gilbert for repair right when an issue occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Once the temperature inside the refrigerator goes higher than the set point sensors alert the compressor to begin, and then the next cooling period starts. The refrigerator attracts the cool liquified refrigerant, pressurizes and condenses it, and increases the temperature, so it can turn into a gas.
2. The compressor directs the hot gas towards the refrigerator condenser coils on the rear of the unit, at which point it comes into contact with the lower air temperature in the room and returns back to a liquified state.
3. The cool liquified gas continues on its journey towards the evaporator, pushing through the coils within the appliance and top freezer compartment.
4. The liquid absorbs the hot air from the interior of the refrigerator, cooling the temperature back to the optimal final point.
5. The refrigerant then evaporates, and will turn back into a gas, and then returns to the compressor in order to continue the cycle.
Refrigeration technology is often used in a lot of applications and appliances, this includes heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and residential freezers. By removing heat from a single area and moving it to somewhere else the cycle of refrigeration contributes in cooling your home, provides a optimal storage space for perishable food, and helps with manufacturing and storage of a number of different common products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Think your refrigerator need service? You can schedule an appointment with Accurate Gilbert Appliance Repair.
Accurate Gilbert Appliance Repair will repair nearly all common brands and models of refrigerators – includes industrial models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our repairman in Gilbert undergo training to fix problems with cooling, ice makers, issues with condensation, puddles of water and leaks, lighting, digital panels, smart synchronization and various malfunctions. We know all there is to know about refrigerator repair! Call today!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
- Refrigerator Nois
- Refrigerator Not Cooling
- Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working
- Refrigerator Water Dispenser Not Working